That type of asskicker boot nowadays needs to be special ordered from a few people who still can make them

3 pounds a piece - crampon ready last, hard to walk on, but we loved them on scree and snow.

Fishmonger,
That's the exact boot I wore last summer to summit Mt. Whitney and I wore the same pair in 2005 when I summited Mt. Whitney....heck, I've worn these boots on so many mountains and they still have a lot of wear in them. I love this boot. My friend Tammy and I both have a pair. These boots "used" sell for lots of money on ebay. There's a name for them, but I can't remember it right now. Tammy and I have very wide feet so we buy our boots from Mason Shoes. If anyone out there has wide feet, check out Mason Shoes. Some years they have better hiking boots than other years. I'm almost certain Mason can get this boot for you if they don't have it in their catalog or on their website. These boots are called Dunham and they have Vibram soles, they're all leather shoes, inside and out, the soles are like waffle stompers, they'll never wear out. If you don't have a lot of money, you'll like Mason because you can pay monthly for your shoes until you pay them off. Tammy and I both get Mens 9.5 4-E's (we have 2E feet and wear about a 1/2 size smaller but our feet can swell in larger boots and we don't get blisters) - I guess you'd say we have FLIPPERS FOR FEET. We're by no means petite, just good hearty women. Mountain women. I bet we could wrestle a grizzly. If you see big foot prints on the mountain, they might not belong to Sasquatch, they might be ours.

Last edited by lynn-a-roo; 04/05/11 11:46 AM.

Lynnaroo