Originally Posted By: Jean-Guille
Originally Posted By: DUG

I'm attempting to do the JMT without a resupply... smile............................DUG

Awesome. No resupply, no shave. My dream. grin

Keep in mind that 60 hours is the longest I've been on the trail. To do th JMT with resupply I would need:

1. Some sherpas to help get me to the Whitney Summit. I am NOT counting the 11 miles from the Portal to the Summit as part of my hike so I don't consider this really cheating. Once I leave the summit I'm on my own.

2. I need to maintain 20+ mile days for ALMOST 10 days. My goal is UNDER 10 days or 9 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes or better.

3. I need good weather and a lot of luck.

Everything hinges on the practice hike from OV - South Lake. That will be a 5 day trip because my son needs it for a scout award. It's 60+ miles so there won't be any 20+ mile days. We will try for some 15+ mile days in the middle.

If it turns out I can't string multiple days together than I will section hike it.

PCTers often have to load up nearly 10 days of food in some sections, but they aren't making huge miles. I plan to be very well fed prior to starting at the summit and I might be a little hungry getting into Happy Isles. I might allow myself a burger if it's feasible. Not sure yet.

Of course if something crazy happens and I get a J O B it could really screw things up......................DUG