They need an e-permit system, to eliminate re-sales and fraud.

The crowd situation on those cables is simply too dangerous.

It's not 400 ppl per day: it's 400 ppl cramming up there between 11am-2pm.

I haven't been up there since the permits began, but before that, my opinion was that the hazard was outrageous. I'd rather plan ahead and deal with a lottery (like Whitney), than risk losing my life when some bozo 50 feet above me gets tired and falls because there were 200 people in front of him and nobody was moving.

The problem is that this park is too accessible. It's too close to a major city. (actually two; SF and LV). It's too easy to stay in the Valley now (with the lodge, and cabins), and day-hike. The season is compressed (which is also the problem for Whitney - but that's just nature), and the hike is so long, (but not long enough) that it makes for a very narrow window for aggressive day-hikers.

They could stand to re-route the trail to make it less accessible, and raise the bar. Maybe do-away with the Glacier Pt. Drop-off.

Yosemite is stunning enough, and there are plenty of gorgeous views. (I've had my trip up half dome, and unless my grandkids beg me, I'm not going to take someone else's turn, and go up there again. There's plenty of other great places to explore there.)

More than my 2-cents. Maybe a nickel.