Originally Posted By: Steve C
...There have been several deaths this summer from practically the same scenario -- someone slipping and then being swept away by the current...

It seems to me that these church group outings need a session in:

Accountability -- case in point the Upper Yosemite Falls incident
Supervision -- as in the tragic deaths of the three individuals

The WHA has conducted Mt. Whitney presentations at REI Fresno to alert people to the dangers of hiking Mt. Whitney. I feel that the WHA should step up to meet with church officials who plan outings in YNP or any NP and to advise them and to remind them of the hazards.

We, the WHA here in the San Joaquin Valley, need to get involved. I don't want to get into the "legality" issues, but "the word" needs to get out to the churches who plan these events during the summer when school is not in session.

I, for one, will be more than happy to put together some sort of slideshow to present to these organizations free of charge.

A family friend of ours sent me a link to video from the Modesto Bee. Let the finger pointing begin! Guess which direction is the "one" finger pointing? The NPS. I am always reminded, that whenever I point a finger at someone, I have three pointing back.

I am off my dais now...

Journey well...