This one is a bit old but maybe someone can shed some light on my wondering.

Back at the end of July a SAR was conducted looking for Richard Reynolds in Kings Canyon. I had passed through and was headed for many locations he was visiting so I talked to the rangers about him and gave reports. Ultimately he was found at the Kid Lakes after he lit fire to some trees to attract attention. As I understand this guy is a mountain guide. My question is how the hell did this guy find himself lost and unable to leave the Kid Lakes area? While I was out I passed through there unplanned and picked a route based on some simple study of the contour lines of my maps. I made it both in and out with nothing more then easy class 2. Now it is true that during the time he was there we had 4 days of nasty weather with plenty of lightning, hail and rain but most of it started late in the day and would not have stopped me from getting out. I can't find anymore information other then the basic he was missing and was found. Rick S told me he heard ...a rumor. Anyone know any other info or should I just forever scratch my head? confused