I just have to comment on the decision by Steve to not allow comment beyond "his" level of comfort of allowance.

This means that those who have not yet commented will not be allowed.

This means that those who have not yet added yet another viewpoint will not be allowed.

I do not agree with those actions being taken. I FREQUENTLY get involved in discusssions that make me uncomfortable, because I WANT to hear other viewpoints, I WANT to expand my understanding of others, I CARE to know what others think.

This forum has as it's description : "Off topic chatter, silly jokes, etc. are welcome. Civil and ethical conduct is required."

Well, I guess NOT so welcome, eh? I don't believe that civil or ethical lines have been crossed, and shutting discussion down so that is not possible is simply censorship by the arbitrary decision of the webmasters. Not illegal, not immoral, not unethical.....but it is, what it is.

I would point out that THIS website was formed as a direct result of objections to the censorship by Doug of the Whitney Portal Store website, of things objectionable to people here. I find it ironic that a new level of censorship----NOT of uncivil or unethical conduct-----but of unacceptable topics in the "anything goes" section, is the new norm.

If this is the way that things are, then the title of the "The Chat Room" should clearly state what is unacceptable for discussion, instead of an incorrect statement that "Off topic chatter, silly jokes, etc. are welcome"