Originally Posted By: Bee
Ken! I just checked the fleece pants that I run in (yeah, I was thinking how could fleece chafe???) and there IS a nasty, scratchy seam that would pass over the areas mentioned when I walk fast or run (one in in the same!). It is the side seam, so my hiking pants have the same seam, also. It is really pathetic that I have this princess physiology (frostbite, chafing, heart condition) that I am tying to get to adapt to beeing ruggedly outdoorsy. I will continue to use the Body Glide an Vaseline (the Vaseline stopped the progress towards bleeding, last year) and I will see if I can find some seamless hiking pants (also, I noticed that when I wore thermals, I had no problems, either)

Bee

Bee... a tad lighterweight then thermals or fleece... try pantyhose (even if they're just knee highs).. you can cut the feet out so that they're kind of like leg warmers.. and they'll protect your legs from chaffing. I know alot of horseback riders who wear pantyhose under their johpers to keep their thighs from chaffing...