Completed White Mountain peak hike on Saturday.

We stayed at Bishop, CA. Started from hotel around 5.30 in morning, took good 2 hrs to reach the locked gate trailhead near Barcroft lab.

Some notes about the unpaved road:
1. I took my 2WD sedan over it. Although it is possible to go there in a sedan, I regretted my decision to take sedan over that road. Last 15 odd miles took us little more than an hr to drive, whereas couple of SUVs were just tearing away at 50mph on same road.

2. It will be apt to say you wont need 4x4 on that road, but a high ground clearance vehicle is recommended.

3. If you still decide to take 2wd sedan over that road, keep sufficient time in hand (at least an hr each way) for the unpaved section.

4. There are a lot of marmots at the trailhead, but luckily they didnt do any harm to car.

5. The unpaved road visually looks very smooth, but it has that washboard efect for about 70% of the length at least.

6. The 4 mile unpaved section after patriarch grove is especially bad. It climbs a lot in a very short distance, and is very very rough. YMMV if you find it graded recently.

Other notes about hike:
1. Trail is very well maintained right till the top.

2. There are little snow patches on the trail right near the summit, but they will melt away in a week ir so. There is already a path made around those patches, so its very easy to navigate there.

3. There is absolutely no water or any shaded portion on the entire trail. Make sure you carry enough fluids and sunscreen.

Other than that, just enjoy the hike smile

Please let me know if you need any info about any specific section, and I will be happy to assist as much as I can.