Quote:
Any specifics on the very very rough part after Patriarch Grove? Any information would be great.

The road is very rough. I think when we went it was not graded for a lot of days, so there were big rocks in the middle of the road, plus the road has a considerable incline, so its kinda difficult to navigate the climb alongwith taking precaution to not bottom out your car on the big sharp stones in middle of the road. Any car with a lot of low end torque would be great here...unfortunately, my car doesnt have that luxury smile So we ended up bottoming out a couple of times...

We did not have time to visit any of the bristlecone pine groves, as we had to reach back to bay area on the same night..

I didnt visit the lab from inside, but had a short conversation with one of the employees there..also saw a lot of sheep laugh

Quote:
I am driving a KIA Rondo

For instance, on the particular day that we went, I saw following cars on the dirt road:
Honda Civic
Toyota Venza
Toyota Camry (brand spanking new smile )
Ford Fiesta
Porsche Cayenne (with relatively low profile tires..not sure if he made it back safe..)
Honda Pilot 4WD
Kia Sportage AWD (was tearing away at 50mph on dirt road...most probably rented car smile )
Chevy Trailblazer
Lexus RX300

may be missing a couple more SUVs