Thanks for the kind words, Akichow. I always get interested when people start talking about the Miter Basin! I have to get back there sometime soon. And I've been wanting to try the Crabtree/Discovery route to Mount Whitney that SammySam is going to take. Hmm, I think a future trip plan might be starting to develop...

SammySam – That Langley West Face route off the SW ridge at the saddle by The Major General will get you quickly and directly from the summit of Mount Langley to Rock Creek in the Miter Basin. But as Steve pointed out, that would involve the work of carrying full backpacks to the summit. If you want to avoid that, you might consider coming down from the summit via the Upper Soldier Lake route that Akichow described. As you start the climb and you reach the top of Army Pass, follow the Crest up toward Mount Langley and drop your backpacks at around 12480' above the Soldier Lake drainage. Go to the summit, return for your packs, and head down to Upper Soldier Lake. Nice campsites there. Access to the Miter Basin from Upper Soldier Lake is via a small tarn (not shown on the topo map, but it is at the head of a stream that is shown) at the W-SW side of The Major General (see Day 4 of Akichow's trip report).