Hi John, I wish i had no plans on that weekend but unfortunately i do and can't move up the dates to Jun 28th. I'm sure you will find someone in this forum that might join you, as that week seems to be perfect getaway smile

Akichow, Thanks for all your TRs. It has all the details one would need for planning, especially like me when opportunity opens up late in the game. Yes i'm in the same mind set of doing the loop as you mentioned, after getting Tom Harrison Whitney High Country Trail map from REI in SJC. so, nice to have REI around smile

Just curious, if i were to extend a day, do you think i could cover LSL->Miter Basin->LSL all in a day and hike out next day from LSL to Cottonwood lakes via Cottonwood pass? The map doesn't give miles between LSL and miter basin, unless i'm missing something obvious in gmap4 t4topo that i find it very useful (thanks Steve).

I'm going to stick to NAP for the said reasons and also many others have recommended NAP over OAP. Just wanted to keep it safe, if it all possible.

Thanks,
Stalin