Steve,

There were two that I know of. I know there was the couple would after having success glissading the chute in 2003 with poles as breaks, did it again in 2004 with her being seriously injured and him dying. This was an early quota season incident. The other was in October 2005, I was up there just after the incident that I am sure up. This guy did after an early storm without poles...the information is on this website.

One thing everyone should know, not every SAR incident makes the news. The one I was involved in did not and it involved helicopters and 3 people transported. A lot of what ends up in the papers and on tv is people search out the reporters for their 15 minutes.

It's not the way up that gets you...it the way down. People see this summit as their Mt. Everest rather something that can be done anything their skills match conditions. When skills do not meet conditions problems can occur.

They occur infrequently but when they do they tend to be spectacular in nature and involve those who are prepared, both professionals and amateurs.