That being said, I'll restate my original question.

If you want to go in together with me on a resupply, through Rainbow Packing Outfitters, to be delivered to the JMT at Bishop Pass Jct/Le Conte on September 14, please let me know. The full cost is $600. They will carry in up to 150 lbs of supplies, and carry out what you wish to relieve yourself of. As I will have no more than 10 lbs of supplies to be carried in, there is plenty of left over space for others to share the resupply weight and cost. Using this service will likely save you a three day trip of hiking out to retrieve your supplies yourself.

The Outfitters will alternatively meet their customers at the top of Bishop Pass with the supplies. The cost for this service is $300. The top of Bishop Pass is a 6.8 mile, one way hike, with about 3,050ft gain in elevation. It would likely take a person a day to make the up and back return hike to the pass to retrieve the supplies.

If you know of another, less expensive, means of having resupplies delivered to the JMT at the Bishop Pass Jct (outside of having a very nice friend or family member do it for you), I would appreciate the information.

Thank you.

Last edited by jjg; 07/10/14 09:00 AM.