Originally Posted By: Harvey Lankford
SD
That is impressive loading.
Your bearkeg 716 cubic vs my bearcan BV500 that is 700, if I looked up specs right
Must have been pretty dense, but far better than carrying more carriers

Heads up Harvey, Fishmonger and I measured the volume of the Bear Vaults. They are about 50 cubic inches less than stated. It's about the volume of the lid, which is only way I can explain this, even though the lid doesn't add any useable space. So be advised, the BV 500 is closer to 650 in^3. There's a thread somewhere on this forum describing our results.

Resupply allows you to carry several pounds less weight than trying to pack it all in one shot. And you can treat yourself to some luxury items in the process, like an early stocking stuffer from Santa.

Bishop Pass does make sense for a Reds-Whitney section hike and perhaps other situations. It's not too bad to hike up into Dusy Basin to the Pass, but you have to time it just right to meet your packer. The 6-mile descent from the pass to South Lake, then down to town, and then back up, seems like a lot of wasted time to me. I'd go for the pass resupply and save time and money.