Lets face it people. The only reason the San Gabriels were listed as a 'national monument' is because judy chu rep. of an impoverished and little know community in la county could not get congress to listen to her, so she went crying to the white house. The carter administration ripped the funding out from under the usgs and it was never replaced. Fast forward to the bush administration and the double taxation program know as 'the adventure pass' Fortunately this was finally ruled illegal for obvious reasons. All 300 + of these illegally placed notices I received were either torn up in front of rangers and handed back, placed on THEIR vehilce, dumped in the trash, or just plain ignored as there was never any means of enforcement put in place, although a few were put to good use starting my camp fire or bbq at my campsite. The San Gabriels do not garner anything close to being a national monument. America has not had a president in nearly 8 years, or a leader for even longer. I hope that someday this changes. Using 'executive power' for such a meaningless and frivolous gesture does nothing more than place more undo financial burden on a state that used to be a global financial powerhouse. Lets face it, before this idiot was allowed to occupy our white house, California was the 4th largest economic power on the planet. It's a joke that chu first claimed that this status would bring more trails and development to the San Gabriels, but then about faced Friday to say that it will protect this mountain range from any further development. It's time that Americans wake and exercise their brain before wasting a vote on such ignorant and self serving politicians that are doing nothing but destroying and giving away this country one bad decision after another.

Last edited by Daves Not Here; 10/11/14 06:49 PM.