Hey Bulldog,

Did a Langley summit and overnighter at Cottonwood Lakes this past weekend and I'm just giving a brief status update on the conditions while I find time to write a trip report. Our original plan was to head up Tuttle Creek and down NAP (with a bicycle shuttle at the end), but we ended up starting from Cottonwood Lakes.

Shortly after starting our first day, we ran into a group of guys that gave us some beta on Old Army. They talked about an easy chute used to bypass the snow that still lingered up there, so we decided to go for OAP instead of NAP. OAP had very little snow up to where the chute was and the trail was in good shape. You can't miss the chute. It's pretty much right before the large snow bank towards the top and runs due South. It's bone dry with minimal exposure, mostly Class 2/3 climbing, and it's quite fun to ascend.

Judging by the conditions of the trail near the snowpack up high, I have a good feeling that it will be melted off enough for you to cruise the trail to the top of the pass when you head up there. However, if it's still too dicey, take the chute and you'll be good.

-Mark