Hi Tyler,

I am not quite prepared at this point to do the MR route; however, I am planning to hit the trailhead for main trail Thursday morning and camp at either Outpost or Trail Camp (or somewhere in between) Thursday night. I would be aiming to wake up very early Friday morning and hit the summit maybe around 9/10am. I would then trudge the 11 miles back to the trailhead that same day - I would really like to be out by Friday evening (and that is what my contacts will be expecting). You are more than welcome to join me for the summit, but could always not hike all the way out with me on Friday if you're thinking of doing a 2nd night.

I will also have axe/crampons and lots of insulation . . . unless conditions suggest otherwise, I plan to climb the chute rather than the 99 switchbacks. I understand this is the recommended route this time of year. . . . also good opportunity to scout out any hazards on the glissading path for the descent. Please let me know if you're interested in linking up. We don't even need to hike together, but I think it's prudent to have someone else on the mountain who is looking out for you.

Cheers,

Alex