I'd like to hike from Cathedral Lakes or Tenaya Lake to Happy Isles via Clouds Rest. I have a couple of questions about the permit application:
1. What would the exit trailhead be? "Happy Isles to Sunrise/Merced Lake (pass-through)" if we're not staying at LYV or "Happy Isles->LYV if we do stay in LYV?
2. Do the different options for Happy Isles exits have much bearing on whether a permit is approved or not? For example, does a permit have a smaller chance of being approved if you're planning on camping in LYV?
3. The permit asks for "1st Night’s Camp Location in Wilderness." Can I put something as general as 'near clouds rest' or 'near cathedral lakes'?
4. If you were taking either of this trips, where would you stay on both a 2 day/1 night or a 3 day/2 night trip?
5. Is it safe to assume we'll be able to take the Tuolumne Hikers Bus to get from YV to Tuolumne Meadows?