Honestly, your trip and exercise planning looks fine to me. Most definitely more than some people I've watched on youtube who were able to summit.

While I didn't make it past Trail Camp on my attempt (got AMS at trail camp), I didn't find following the trail difficult. It was, for the most part, well marked and easy to follow. The elevation was the biggest issue. Like you, I had hiked San G, San J, Baldy etc, but unless you're doing it consistently for weeks/ months prior, I don't think anything can get you ready for the altitude. Although I would imagine being in better shape overall helps in general.

Just take it slow and I think you'll do fine.

Regarding camping at Trail Camp. The place is HUGE. I had the same concerns. Once I crested the hill, I realized that there was tons of room. Some better than others, but lots of places.

I've heard that you should leave your tent open so the marmots can go in and check things out if they want. My plan was to collapse my tent and put some rocks on it to hold it down in case of wind.

Hopefully others who have more experience will be along shortly to add their notes.

Good luck!