Jay,

This is not the right place to get your personal medical advice. Talk to the physical who issued you the Diamox; perhaps he or she can give you correct information. You did get the Diamox through a real doctor, right?

Don't tinker with your meds, it is not in your best interest. Diamox can affect each individual differently, depending on many factors.

Your doctor can tell you about possible bad interactions with other meds you might be taking. Also, they can check your blood oxygen saturation level, blood pressure, and heart and lung condition, etc.

On my doctor's orders I carried a little blood oxygen oximeter device and recorded my levels in various situations: at sea level, at different altitudes, exercise level, etc. The result was that I am getting old and require more O2, especially at high altitude.

So, I not longer hike at high altitudes in my beloved Eastern Sierra. That really sucks, right?! So I embraced the suck and changed my recreation life-style. Besides, beach life is turning out to be a lot of fun! No regrets.

Bob

Last edited by Bob West; 09/11/20 08:00 AM.