You have a very good acclimatization plan. Everyone should spend that much time. You will probably find that helps you SO much this time.

I hope you take enough food for two meals, along with snacks. If you are acclimated that well, your appetite should be working well.

I remember that thread asking about starting before midnight, too, and what people wrote. I subsequently spoke to the Inyo N.F. staff person who gives me the unused permit numbers, and was told there is no restriction starting your hike before midnight. The permits are only necessary IN the Whitney Zone. The first leg of the trail is a no-permit-required zone.

That being said, what the others wrote above is very good. I, too, don't think starting before midnight is necessary, either. If you're going to do that, it would be good to try to turn in extra early those several nights at HM and get up super early each morning. I'm thinking ear plugs and sleeping meds would help (Benadryl (diphenhydramine) works for me.)

And a very good thread to read is Bob R's Rookie mistakes. Pay attention to the sleep deprivation part.