Com'on Wagga, everyone is suppose to buy this stuff at least twice. How the heck is K2 and Columbia suppose to stay in business.

The weather can be cold, especially on the summit if the wind decides 30 MPH is just about right.

20* F good is good.

I'm not a big fan of 1-person tents unless I can sit up in it, which mean ~42" to head room. Figure out what works for you.

If you are a side sleeper the only way to go is an air mattress like a Big Agness Air Core. If not the lighter offerings for Therm-a-Rest should be ok.

I like the Platypus system because it is lighter. Filter...if you must, get a Steripen. I haven't filtered water in the Sierra for past few years.

All I can say about food is if you don't like at sea level you ain't going like it at 12,000'. My last bp trip, I had Pasta with Vodka sauce and Tortelini with EVO, pepper and Parmesan for dinners...none of which bought at REI or had a Mountain House label. Oh, don't forget the Jack.

Pants, I usually take convertibles and a pair of PreCips but it all depends on the weather forecast. Clothing always depends on the forecast. I only take long johns in the dead of winter.