Originally Posted By: bobpickering
You should take her climbing as much as possible before she discovers boys and heads off to some party school to further her education.

Hmmm . . . and which "party school" did you have in mind, Bob? Nothing but the best for my little girl!

Nah, we'd never lock into a single summer getaway. It was really just an illustration of how quickly my wife went from, "What the hell are you thinking?!" regarding my multiple solo Sierra/DV hiking trips to, "Oh, I get it now! I'm coming with from now on!"

Atlanta will always be our permanent residence, regardless of what we do for summer fun. The roots are far too deep, the local school system is exceptional, the climate is great 9 months out of the year, and (no small matter) the house is paid for. It would take an H-bomb to pry us loose. Our philosophy is that God invented the airplane for the sole purpose of getting us west several times a year.

Also, one of the benefits for me as a newly-minted Quarter Century Club employee of Marriott is free lodging for the remainder of my life. Lots of options there, but just not anywhere along the good parts of 395. I've been trying to talk Doug into building a Lone Pine Marriott.

A lottery win would be nice though . . .