I took these videos of Bob Huey and myself climbing parts of the first chute above "The Notch" on the Mount Whitney Mountaineers Route.

Edit: At this point of the Whitney Mountaineers Route, there is a less technical option: Whitney Mountaineers Route: Easy Walk Off from the Notch

Apologies for the heavy breathing. We shot this as one climbing, the other resting and holding the camera. The first six videos were taken over a 25-minute period.

There are two other threads covering the entire route from the Main Trail to the notch: North Fork to Upper Boy Scout Lake,  and  Upper Boy Scout to the Notch.

This first one is taken from the notch, showing Bob starting up the first part. Probably the most difficult part of this section. Bob makes it look so easy ...and he was using low-top trail runners for shoes.
3:29 PM

Part 2: This is myself, going up the center of the chute.
3:41 PM

Part 3: Bob Huey, taking the far left of the chute, then moving onto the blocks above and left of the chute. I preferred going up the middle most of the way. Note: Bob's route is NOT the standard route. Most people stick to the middle, eventually moving to the right, and it is pretty much the same as "Part 2" above.

3:45 PM

Part 4: Bob on the blocks.
3:49 PM

Part 5: Bob tops out.
3:53 PM

Part 6: I top out. I took the center, then moved right above a patch of ice. Moving right was a little sketchy. Maybe could have moved to the right below the ice.
3:54 PM

From here, it was a 5-minute walk to the summit -- 4 PM.

The Easy Button at the register. The register appeared full, but we found some pages that were unused on the back side.