Lynn,
I can see that you are a bad influence..I love it!

TMI = Too Much Information

But, I'll use as many euphemisms as possible....

As my trip report stated for my summit on September 7-8, it was very windy from just above Mirror Lake all the way to the Summit. I camped near Consultation Lake (above it, not at lake level).

In the morning I made a nice breakfast and chowed down and then got ready to make for the summit. It's gettin to be time to go, but I let the guys who I had met up with on the trail know that there is one more item of business to take care of....yup, it's wag bag time. And, I will admit, I was a bit inexperienced in this departement, but hey, how difficult can it be? I traipsed over to a secluded location and took care of business...all the while enjoying the fresh air that the 40-50mph winds were providing. And if you follow the logical progression, I did the expected clean up procedure, but I didn't take into account the wind....the very strong wind that whipped up that used toilet paper and held it 50' directly over my head. I dove to try to catch it, but was obviously in no position to intercept it since I still had trousers around the ankles. But there it was dancing around like a kite in the wind, but staying pretty much stationary right over my head. It kind of reminded me of the plastic bag scene in the movie "American Beauty"...without the aesthetic appeal. Finally a big gust of wind carries my personalized kite down over the ledge east of Consultation Lake.

I finished cleaning up...being much more careful about weighing down anything that could be taken by the wind before I got the ole wagbag all sealed up and then headed back to camp. My two compatriots were chuckling when I came back. Though I was well hidden from them, the way that the "kite" hung over my head let them know where I was like a beacon. One of them made the comment "we saw the one that got away".

And yes, I did ponder chasing it down the hill, but I seriously had no idea where to start looking.

Last edited by tdtz; 10/05/10 09:20 AM.