Originally Posted By: duelmen3
I just love the fact that they are coming in to our neck of the woods, so to say. In road bike racing, they will call a stage of a race that finishes up high but does not descend, a "mountain top finish." They wont even have the proposed route picked out until sometime in February. The speculation is that they will come west from Claremont and eventually climb Glendora Mountain Road to Glendora Ridge Road in to Baldy Village and then up to the Baldy Ski area parking lot to finish. If you can't tell, I'm an avid road bike fan and really looking forward to this stage.

When the AMGEN came to our neck of the woods in 02-18-09, it was AWESOME! My uncle, who lives on Road 426, managed to get a camera shot of Lance. It was just a blur but you could make out his jersey. Hey, it looked like his jersey but could not confirm. Earlier that week during Presidents' Day weekend, it snowed at the higher elevations. The CalTrans crews did a remarkable job of keeping SR 49 clear of snow making the ride safe for the riders.

Later that day we say that portion of the ride on Versus.

Journey well...