Tip of the day: BING. com

It's a microsoft search engine that has actually contracted with a number of outdoor gear sites (Altrec, Moosejaw, EMS, to name a few) to offer anywhere from 5-15% further discount on stuff you find through them.

For example, I did a search on "Black Diamond Ice Tools" yesterday and came up with a sale that EMS is having right now. Because I linked to it through the bing.com site, I got another 13% (or so) off the price of the tools. Original price around $230/tool, on sale for $184/tool. I will end up paying about $160/tool after I get the refund.

You pay up front, and then have to wait 60 days for the refund to "mature" (which can be a pain, but you do get the money back), I guess they are figuring that if you return the item it will be within that time frame. So in the new year, I'll be able to get a check back for about $50 as a refund for the tools.

It's at least a good place to start to find some good prices on gear, then a lot of other sites (backcountry) will do price matching. Good stuff.

Facebook

Flickr Pics

Think outside the Zone.