Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
2 members (VA Traveler, 1 invisible), 239 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cindy's Book Signing....oh, and a TR
#18687 09/24/11 01:56 PM
OP Offline
Took a hike up Baldy today to see Cindy and also got a chance to meet other hikers that I've only heard of before. My son Cy, my buddy DJ and I headed up the Ski Hut trail. Then we went straight up from the Ski Hut to the backbone and then to the summit.

At the Ski Hut, we had the pleasure of meeting Mouse, SanDi_carole, wazzu, bilitchick (Stacy) and Curt (who was taking the pic). My son Cy and buddy DJ are also in the pic.

Shin (on his 243rd summit), who I have met, was at the summit with Cindy and her husband Larry, as well as Jeff and JeffH. Several others who don't post on the site were there and enjoying the view from the top. And yes, I brought the Snickers for everyone...

Not sure how long a flag is up there, but it was an honor to take a pic up there. I was told it was in remembrance of 9/11.

And, on the way down, we got together with my buddy Jose, who was hiking Baldy for the first time.

It was great weather and a fun time. Cindy is a wonderful person and a great host. It was especially fun to meet SanDi_carole and mouse. Thank you Cindy and good luck and congratulations on your success and efforts. You are definitely a very special woman.

"Turtles, Frogs & other Environmental Sculpture"

www.quillansculpturegallery.com
twitter: @josephquillan

If less is more, imagine how much more, more is -Frasier
Re: Cindy's Book Signing....oh, and a TR
quillansculpture #18699 09/24/11 08:15 PM
G
G
I had fully planned on attending this event today, and my poor son got sick. I tell you, between me and my son getting sick, it's put a stop to at least four big hikes I can think of this year alone.

Glad y'all had a great time!

One day I'd like to hike the entire John Muir Trail and not leave a single footprint. -Randy Morgenson

Link Copied to Clipboard