Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us
#31140 04/30/13 06:22 PM
wagga Offline OP
OP Offline
Sally Jewell was today revealed by the New York Times as a mountain climber/hiker - one of our tribe.

She has summited Rainier, Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc and the Vinson Massif.

A quick quote:

..."no rational business executive would cut an operating budget across the board, as the federal budget process known as the sequester requires."

And a story:

When she went to open an account at a local bank branch near her new home in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, the clerk asked where she was employed.

"The Interior Department,” Ms. Jewell replied.

"What's your position there?” the clerk asked.

"Secretary,” Ms. Jewell answered. The clerk just nodded.

Verum audaces non gerunt indusia alba. - Ipsi dixit MCMLXXII
Re: New Interior Secretary Is One Of Us
wagga #31141 04/30/13 06:35 PM
B
B
Good luck to her. My tribe is going to reserve its judgment.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.co...-country-147558

Bob West #31142 04/30/13 07:16 PM
wagga Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the comments on that link is insightful:

" I fail to see how one who is not of our many people, doesn't live or has lived on a reservation can possibly have our best interests at heart, but I'm willing to give this woman a chance & see how she handles herself with our interests. Sometimes there is that rare white person who is a friend to us & truly has our spirit. Rare as such a one is, they are out here none the less."

Verum audaces non gerunt indusia alba. - Ipsi dixit MCMLXXII
wagga #31157 05/01/13 07:41 AM
Originally Posted By: wagga

" I fail to see how one who is not of our many people, doesn't live or has lived on a reservation can possibly have our best interests at heart, but I'm willing to give this woman a chance & see how she handles herself with our interests. Sometimes there is that rare white person who is a friend to us & truly has our spirit. Rare as such a one is, they are out here none the less."

What a rare gift, to be able to continue to invest the benefit of ever dwindling doubt.

Wherever you go, there you are.
SPOTMe!
wagga #31207 05/03/13 09:25 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: wagga

Does the word insightful now mean shallow and racist? Yeah, I understand history, but I truly hope that that attitude is not more widespread.

I say that because she seems to be a pretty good choice. I'm moderate in my political views but have a concern with many that the President has surrounded himself with, especially the Attorney General. But this appears to be a pretty good choice; measured and reasonable and loves nature.

Link Copied to Clipboard