Gallery showing the conditions on the Main Trail as of April 30 2017
(1) On the main trail, deep snow starts from the third intersection of the trail with Lone Pine Creek. From there, the tracks go straight up Lone Pine Creek to Outpost Camp - a nice shortcut.
(2) Trail crest was about 50% snow free. There were about 3 sketchy sections (15ft each) where there was both snow and a steep cliff.
(3) We didn't use our snowshoes. The winter trail shortcuts were steep, so we ended up using crampons the whole time.
(4) Mirror lake was the last obvious spot to get water. You might be lucky and find a puddle at trail camp - but I would plan on melting snow in case you don't.
(5) While outpost camp was mostly covered with snow, there were some nice snow-free sites at Trail camp.
Sunrise on the chute is magical: