Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A couple of Ya shuda been there stories
#4927 06/04/10 04:15 PM
Rod Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a couple stories that my buddy and I re-tell with mixed reaction to how funny others think they are.We always end up on the floor telling the stories. Like Gary alludes to, you have to tell the story in the right atmosphere to gets it full impact.
One story could be called "My most embarrassing moment"
We were in Yosemite with a college aged church youth group camping in the group campground during the month of July.I had 3 episodes of poison oak that year from hiking. Each case of poison oak got progressively worse meaning I was becoming super sensitive to the point of breaking out all over with goopy itchy rashes in every crevice of my body.
I became paranoid of every scrub brush and anytime I developed an itch somewhere I was sure I was coming down with another case of severe poison oak.
Well me and my buddy were taking a hike on a trail towards Yosemite Falls from the campground.I had been aware of an itch on my butt near where the hammy meets the gluteus maximus.I asked my buddy if he could take a look at it to see if he could see a red rash.Reluctantly he agreed and I pulled up my shorts to try and expose the area for him to inspect. He took a quick glance and replied"I don't see anything"
We walked along a little farther and it was still itchy so I asked him again if he would please look at it.I pulled up my shorts leg again but it wasn't really exposing the area that way. My buddy who this time tried a little harder to inspect said "Your shorts are in the way and I can't see anything."

So I look around in all directions and make sure there is no one around and I drop my shorts for my buddy Rick to get a good look.I am convinced by now I have poison oak again.He again is now really uncomfortable inspecting my arse so he takes another quick look now that my shorts are down to my knees exposing my whole butt and upper leg.Again he says he doesn't see anything.
I ask him "are you sure? I have had 3 bad cases of poison oak and I need to know if I have it now!"Can't you take a better look?"
He says "alright". This time we both really look around in all directions and make sure no one is around.
I drop my shorts and my buddy gets up real close and starts a thorough inspection looking for my suspected rash. He gets his face up close to my rear and really looks hard. I point to a spot that is bothering me the most and he studies it closely.He then says that maybe he sees a little red mark but it is probably from me rubbing it and he doesn't see anything that he thinks could be poison oak.
I stand up and pull up my shorts only to our horror to see a family quickly scurring by with the parents shielding their kids eyes from those nasty people.
So what this family witnessed without the "Rest of the story" explanation was one guy with his shorts down to his knees bent over and another man staring into his butt with his face almost inches from it.
We could almost hear them saying "Yosemite used to be such a nice family place...."

Last edited by Rod; 06/04/10 04:21 PM.
Re: A couple of Ya shuda been there stories
Rod #4938 06/04/10 05:48 PM
S
S
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it!

THAT has GOT to be the worst embarrassment I've ever read.

Y'all have a good weekend.

Last edited by Steve C; 06/04/10 05:48 PM.
Rod #4942 06/04/10 06:39 PM
Good one Rod! Gives new meaning to "down in the valley" at Yosemite. Some tales have that you-had-to-be-there aspect to them, but I'll take your word on this one, if it's all the same to you . . .

So are you still friends after all these years?

Bulldog34 #4944 06/04/10 07:01 PM
In college dorms, I visited a (male) friend for some academic purpose. As I was about to leave the room, he said "Can you look at this?". I turned around and he had removed his shorts & all. "I think I've got a tick". And there it was - a jewel tick!

PS. Tick removal is a matter of timing. Grab the head & twist counter-clockwise. Tick Tock. Of course, in the Southern Hemisphere, it's clockwise.

Verum audaces non gerunt indusia alba. - Ipsi dixit MCMLXXII
wagga #4946 06/04/10 08:16 PM
So the idea is that sometimes people say "it's not what you think" -- and mean it. cool

AlanK #4949 06/04/10 10:56 PM
S
S
Rod... thats hilarious.. well.. from this perspective at least. And apparently after time has passed you appreciate the humor of the situation... I can imagine those parents though wink

Link Copied to Clipboard