Successful day hike/climb of Ritter via Agnew Meadows/SE Glacier route (completed with climbing partner Scott Workman).
Left Agnew at 3am and was back to the car ar 6pm, so definitely a long day. Was totally worth it though, as the weather was perfect, the air quality great, and the views clear all around. Went up the grassy ledges and then into the glacier couloir, then up the slopes from the top/right of the glacier. The glacier has several fast flowing rivulets of water flowing down the surface, but these were easily hopped over (we used microspikes to ascend/descend the glacier, but they were not a necessity). There was a small stretch of rock just above the glacier where it was evident these were newly deposited from the spring thaw, and there was some instability in those rocks. Definitely take care when crossing that section. But once above that the rock was solid and the climbing all the way to the summit was rather enjoyable.
Ritter is definitely worthy of emblem peak status on the SPS list, as it has one of the best views I have seen in the Sierra Nevada (I would rate it right there with Split Mt and Middle Palisade in the running for best Sierra summit views I've seen firsthand). Absolutely stoked to have finally bagged this one.
1) great pre-sunrise shot of the Minarets reflecting off Lake Ediza: [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WrqaoMa1wNH5mZTws75AM7qyBYg8jeST/view?usp=sharing
2) View down the glacier: [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nOFbCqM7zmXGdaYvrUbbezZbEMDJgjSx/view?usp=sharing
3) View as we begin the scramble above the glacier: [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ld8ZTdGpfTl7L5MXKa9X3qkJrBIG14DA/view?usp=sharing
4) Summit view of Half Dome and Yosemite Valley: [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OFVesY_wxq3tv7XQerz6m4a6FWsYH6DF/view?usp=sharing
5) Summit view of Banner Peak, Mono Lake, and the northeastern boundary of Yosemite: [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0gwSTthgDMUadc2G4s66-o4STWLRFUO/view?usp=sharing