Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mount Whitney artwork
#59854 01/26/23 06:01 PM
OP Offline
Hello!

My name is Carl Raillard, and I am new to this forum. I would like to introduce myself. I'm a veteran hiker, and a graphic artist.

I'd like to share some pictures of a large colorful drawing. Copies of this poster are for sale, by the way. The poster is a bird's eye overview of the Mount Whitney region. It is reminiscent to those ski area maps, that James Niehues does so well. My artmap is more cartoony though -- more like a storybook illustration -- and it shows trails instead of ski runs. It was a labor of love, and I hope you guys will find it interesting.
[Linked Image]
Here's a closeup view of the heart of the region.
[Linked Image]

Finally, copies are for sale here: https://pencilstrength.thedribble.com/l/whitneyposter

I trust I'm not breaking any forum rules by linking to my online art gallery? My payment processor is Gumroad (which can be described as "the thinking man's Etsy.")

Anyway, thank you for looking at my art, and I hope you have a great day!

Respectfully,

Carl Raillard

Re: Mount Whitney artwork
Pencil Strength #60134 06/23/23 05:10 PM
OP Offline
First off, I've made some sales, and I wish to thank my customers! Thank you for your patronage!

Just for fun (and, possibly, to encourage more sales) I've prepared another image, which shows some doctored samples from the local webcam, and a color-adjusted vignette drawn from my poster. This annotated image is self-explanatory. Sierra veterans won't need this picture, of course; but if you are new to the region, you might appreciate a visual guide, which shows you what you're looking at.

I believe it's possible to see the very tip of Mount Russell (its East Peak) from the webcam. I've marked it with a red question mark. March 8, 2023 was a windy day, and there's a bit of a snow-banner blowing off Whitney's summit. There appears to be a second snow banner, like a tail of a comet, coming off Russell, too. Check it out!

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard