#8203 10/09/10 02:40 PM
M
MTN Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Per Steve C request.

Posting video.

MT Whitney MR Video on Vimeo

This is a Father Son trip my friend Scott and I did last week.
We both had cameras, I had a Canon T1i, and he was wearing a GoPro Hd Head Cam for some of the footage. Scott Did the Editing work.

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Re: Video of North Fork trip Sept 30 2010
MTN #8204 10/09/10 04:04 PM
S
S
Thanks for posting, Mike. Very nice video.

I really like that helmet cam: The GoPro Hd headcam. Gives me some ideas!

Your video has a good section showing the boys on the Ebersbacher Ledges.

Steve C #8209 10/09/10 07:51 PM
Rod Offline
That was a fantastic video. Thanks for sharing. Loved it.

MTN #8219 10/10/10 03:57 PM
CaT Offline
Wow, Mike!
Excellent video!
Wonderful experience with your two boys, which they and you will remember for a lifetime!

If you don't mind my asking, did you create that entire video using the Vimeo website? I spent a half-month in Cambodia in August of this year, and have a number of photos and videos that I would love to piece together in a similar manner, but haven't really had any luck finding something that will work to do that yet. Of course, having an old computer with an inferior video card isn't helping either, but that will be remedied within the month. smile

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your experience. It was very uplifting to watch it. Even though I'm generally not a big rock music fan, I loved the music accompanimant, too.

CaT

If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracle of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it.
- Lyndon Johnson, on signing the Wilderness Act into law (1964)
CaT #8224 10/10/10 09:42 PM
CaT Offline
Slightly off topic, but not entirely, and certainly worth it.

While on Vimeo looking at Mike's video, I happened on some amazing videos by one Eva Sturm. Go to Vimeo, search for her name, and there will be about a dozen (at the most) videos. Any of her Norway or Iceland videos are outstanding. The two that got my attention the most were "Norwegian Skies" and "Iceland". Both are magical, and Norwegian Skies is sipmly breathtaking.

CaT

If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracle of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it.
CaT #8228 10/11/10 09:00 AM
M
MTN Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: CaT
Wow, Mike!
Excellent video!
Wonderful experience with your two boys, which they and you will remember for a lifetime!

If you don't mind my asking, did you create that entire video using the Vimeo website? I spent a half-month in Cambodia in August of this year, and have a number of photos and videos that I would love to piece together in a similar manner, but haven't really had any luck finding something that will work to do that yet. Of course, having an old computer with an inferior video card isn't helping either, but that will be remedied within the month. smile

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your experience. It was very uplifting to watch it. Even though I'm generally not a big rock music fan, I loved the music accompanimant, too.

CaT

Scott did the editing in Adobe Premiere. But there's a lot of video editing programs available. I did the Rainier Video in Microsoft Movie Maker (it's included with Windows Vista).

I don't think Vimeo has any editing capabilities.

MTN #8229 10/11/10 09:12 AM
CaT Offline
Quote:
Scott did the editing in Adobe Premiere. But there's a lot of video editing programs available. I did the Rainier Video in Microsoft Movie Maker (it's included with Windows Vista).

I don't think Vimeo has any editing capabilities.

OK. Although I've never used Vimeo, somehow I thought it might have had editing capabilities. Thanks for the info. I know I have Windows Movie Maker, so I'll take a look.

CaT

Link Copied to Clipboard