Some of you know my mother moved to Japan after the passing of my father over 4 years ago.

Chiba. Approximately 200 miles south south west from the epicenter. 100 miles from the meltdown in Fukushima.

As of this date, 03-13-11, no word from my mother or any other members of my Japanese family who also live in Chiba Prefecture.

Confidence is high that she is safe. I have continuously tried to get through on her land line and cell phone, and emails to family with no success. I know that electricity is down throughout the area.

Sections of Chiba were not in the tsumani danger zone. My mother lives in a eight-story condo. She lives on the 4th floor.

Having been in several Japanese EQs, there is no such thing as liquefaction. You are literally thrown about any room since Japan sits on tip of solid rock.

My computer is on the USGS website. My eyes are glued to CNN. CNN? I never watched CNN until now.

Yes, the news is grim as to the casualties. No, my mother is not one of them.

I will keep my "family" up to date with the latest news.

Thank you for your prayers and your words in advance.

Just to maintain that positive thing: My mother probably got a ride on a tsumani wave on a tatami mat to Frisco (in particular Richmond, CA, where my wife is undergoing training for the SSA).

Only bad thing is that my mother doesn't swim good. My mother's maiden name translated means "rocky ground." Only rocks I know that float are pumice.

BTW, wifey-pooh is high and dry although she lives NEXT to the ocean.

My American family is also trying to contact my mother with the same results. I advised them to not call my mother and let me be the POC. Once I get that word of the "all clear, all safe" I will let them know.

During this time, it is not time to have fun, but to...

Have faith. wink

Journey well...