Yes, I have visited the Bristlecone Pines. It's difficult to fathom how old these trees are. One finds themself standing before a Bristlecone Pine (BP) and begins to think back on all that has happened in recorded history back as far as this tree has been living and it really blows your mind.

I remember the road to the BP's being rather primitive and not paved. I was riding in a van with classmates on a Biology Field Trip. I remember thinking it sure would have been nice to have a 4-wheel drive. The road is bumpy, dusty, and heaven forbid if you have a flat tire because you're in the middle of nowhere and most cell phones don't get signals out there on that dirt road. You need to be aware of animals and drive cautiously because animals can step in front of cars quickly. I saw deer on the road and my current professor hit a Turkey Vulture when she was driving 80 miles per hour on those dirt roads (hearing that story made me rather...well...let's put it this way, I love animals and I don't believe in people doing 80 mph in wilderness areas - visit Germany and drive the Autobon if you have a need for speed).

Yes, a visit to the BP's is something you should put on your bucket list.

Lynnaroo