Originally Posted By: lynn-a-roo
Next time Governor Brown or President Obama want to raise our taxes so that the state and the country can become more GREEN, think back on the following, because all of us over 50 and our parents before us were GREEN long before it became POLITICALLY CORRECT.

I enjoyed the piece except tor the above paragraph. The fact is that neither Governor Brown nor President Obama have tried to raise our taxes in order to make us more green.

That said, those of us who grew up in the age of V-8's should not preach too stridently about how green things were back then. The fact is that I came in from recess many days during elementary school with my lungs burning because the LA air was so totally poisoned with oxides of nitrogen. That ain't very green.

I was originally from the Fresno area. The entire central valley economy was based on cheap water from government projects. Neither green nor capitalistic.

Back in LA, in the good old days, train and streetcar lines went extinct and everyone moved out to the suburbs, totally dependent on the automobile.

I could go on and on, but it would not make those of us who grew up during the malling of America look very green.

Last edited by AlanK; 05/05/11 06:04 PM.