Well, I totally missed this thread while it was running, but I'll just chime in here....

Originally Posted By: + @ti2d
I'm over the ripe (and getting better mind you!)old age of over 50, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

You kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I've got a big "59" birthday coming up next month cool, so I fit right in this nostalgic generation, and I will say this - I totally disagree

I grew up in SoCal (San Diego County) and I NEVER remember going to school and worrying about accidently stumbling into the wrong crowd, guns, or gangs. Yes, there were drugs out there...everyone knew who did them, but even those drugs were nothing compared to the horror of what is available now. And "peer pressure".... OMG! Look at what the kids are exposed to nowadays... crap on TV...magazines and tabloids are constantly printing the latest popstars- scantily clothed....and these are our young people's role-models? Not to mention that every scandal that happens in this county and elsewhere is public property and accepted matter-of-factly. Regardless of lessons they are (hopefully) taught at home, they see people everywhere acting and behaving otherwise....how confusing!

We were the lucky ones to grow up in a much more "wholesome" world. Reading (in this thread) and remembering all the old TV shows, music, "playing outside", Mom being there when I came home from school, being in band (and not being considered a "geek"), going to the roller-rink....and so many more wonderful memories... I know how good WE had it. The world changes and some of these changes are inevitable, but I wouldn't trade places with this younger generation for the world.

Rosie

PS Great video Bee!!