Originally Posted By: Jonishiker
Dale,
I bet if someone watched you in your local neighborhood there just might be a time where you rolled through a stop ...

People have been rolling through the closure without tickets since the road closed sign went up this winter. Most winters I'm one of them. This has been at the discretion of the authorities. The issue here is not a legalistic one.
But it has nothing to do with entitlement or lack of safety first.

The ticketing is entirely about safety. The ticketing occurs every year to protect the workers and the hikers during the road opening effort. As reported above in this thread, the road closure is beefed up to make it clear when this is happening.

I would love to hear from others ...

The others have already posted in this and other threads, on this and other boards that the safety period is here and requested respect for the safety concerns. The CHP gave out warnings before they gave out tickets. It would be cheaper and easier to close the road all winter with a locked hard gate. Those who like the neighborhood, and rolling through it, don't want the uninformed and the willful to demonstrate that such a gate is the only safe alternative. Hopefully this thread has helped with the uninformed.

Dale B. Dalrymple