Originally Posted By: Rod
Ken is right. Trader Joe's is a treasure of packaged very edible snacks.I have found that continuous grazing works best for me.

Another favorite of mine is Trader Joe's has a granola with almonds that is to die for. Comes in a square plastic container.Horizon Organic milk comes in an individual serving box that surprisingly doesn't need refrigeration.Makes a great 1st morning breakfast.The granola also makes a great snacking food along the trail.
wbtravis always says never take something to eat that you don't enjoy at home cuz once in the altitude you will most likely hate it.

And yes wbtravis I am a winter wuss.

Yeppers, if it doesn't taste good at sea level it will not taste good a 11,000'+. You can take that one to the bank.

Another trick I learned when I used the very expense freeze dried REI meals was to boil water throw the FD meal into the pot then put the pot into an Anti-Gravity Gear Pot Caddy. The food wet out...no mo' crunchy chicken, and was a lot hotter. It improved the high altitude dining experience by a bunch. Of course, having a bottle of red wine for the lasagna helped, too...and Kahlua for coffee and Jack for whenever. My pack is light weight, not ultralight for a reason...this ain't no stinking death march.