wbtravis, thanks for the info, unfortunately, I am at my spending limit for this trip. Being the first cold (sub 30) trip I have done, I needed to purchase gloves, thermals, pants, socks, etc... So even though I really agree with all of your ideas and theories, I think I am locked in. I'll have to make do with what I have.

Brent N, hope to run into you guys as well. The community of hikers continues to grow and I find myself starting to look forward to the people as much as the sense of accomplishment that goes along with summiting (hopefully).

The forecast is starting to get at me a little... looks like snow is predicted. This is not good. But hell, if I get too cold I will just pull a Bob R and pack some single barrel bourbon to stay toasty.

On a side note, Gary (Bulldog34) and John (catpappy) are meeting me at Kennesaw Mountain this weekend for a hike. I think Gary even said his wife was coming. It's amazing how close this community is! Looking forward to asking some last minute questions before the trip.

Bob