Nearly 4 full days, with 70 pairs of boots on the ground and at least one chopper in the air. If memory serves, that's lot more resources, over twice as much time, with a lot better beta than in the Shyam Das case two years ago.*

Its making me think again about how comfortable and familiar I have grown to feel about this piece of landscape. I haven't done the math, but the area of highest probability here can't be more than a very few square miles: Trail Camp to Bighorn Park -2.5 miles? - and what, a half mile either side of the trail?

Of course, the lower probability areas are a lot bigger: the whole Lone Pine Creek drainage, at least. Its possible to miss Bighorn park, I guess, descending from Trail Camp, and I suppose its possible to disappear between the cables and TC; there are a lot of possibilities, but its also apparent there there are a lot of places to get hidden in this narrow, well traveled canyon. Here's hoping that someone comes upon the right one soon.

* Before going missing, Das was last seen at Trail Camp and was only considered missing when he didn't show at the Portal. He was found after about 36 hours of intensive search.

Wherever you go, there you are.
SPOTMe!