It is Very simple in the Back Country for First Aid . If You have done everything that You Know How - to Help your Victim.... Stabilize, Setting up Tent and Sleeping Bag etc. Victim has still not regained Con. or is in Traumatic Injury State and He or She is Fading , then You Must Do Everything Possible to Get Help ASAP . Minutes can be the Turning Point . If your are on a Major " VERY ACTIVE "Corridor then waiting for a Passerby to help may work.... or You Must Decide to " beat feet " out to Call or Raise the Rescue Team Alert with accurate Location and Victims Injury / Condition ...in Case You cannot return with Them due to Personal Exhaustion . Map location is Key as well . I Have worked SAR Operations in Yosemite N.P., Mount Whitney , Mendal, etc. Remember this is about a Specific " TIME LINE " of the VICTIMS Ability to Stay with US . There is nothing but - Stabilize, Assess, Prognosis, and then Transport to Professional Medical Care Personnel . Judgement Calls are Made with Strong Emotion's Blended in ... To Stay or Go for HELP is a CASE by CASE basis. If you make the Right Decision .... then the Victim will have a Chance to LIVE and Thank You Later . If Not then you will second Guess yourself till you DIE . I Know I have Been there on Success and Failure . Do What you Can in the Backcountry and Pray... it Can't Hurt !!!! God does not need Cell Towers. A " SPOT " would be EVEN BETTER to ADD in 2014 . I use one All the Time. Stay Safe and Always be Prepared for the WORST . That is All.