So with the weather for next week looking pretty good so far (Mountain Forecast has till next Wednesday being clear), I'm thinking about doing my big trek next week.

So Onion Valley > JMT > Tyndall over two days.
Summit Tyndall > Williamson Bowl.
Summit Williamson > Summit Trojan > Summit Barnard
Over to Russell and summit Russell
If I'm still alive smile , descend to Iceberg Lake (or Upper Boy Scout Lake to take a gentler decent route)
Take Mountaineers Route to Summit of Whitney if able
Return to portal

So I'll have my crampons with me, but does anyone think I'd need a ice axe for that route next week? Or better to wait two more weeks?

Any other conditions I should be aware of? Any bad river crossings to expect?

I'll have my medium gloves for warmth and for scrambling, of course, but would insulated snow gloves be needed?

By the look of it, there shouldn't be any lack of water available on the route except after leaving Williamson Bowl to go over to Trojan and Bernard. So stock up in the Bowl and then once I get down from Bernard on the way to Russell.

Should I plan on possibly needing to melt snow for water? (if so, I can bring extra gas)

Basically, Tyndall and Williamson are the primary goals. Trojan and Bernard bonuses.
Russell would be great to achieve and Whitney a miracle. smile

Food weighs in at 11 pounds for this trip, but so far my whole pack is only 45 pounds fully loaded. That's the same weight as my 3 day Whitney summit back in 2015. I must be getting better at lightening my load. Or my scale is broken. smile