Akichow wrote:
> Now if only someone had a lead on an MD in San Francisco who is knowledgeable about high altitude medicine, and who sees patients, who would be willing to do a consult.

I think you missed Ken's reply:
> On this page is a list of Wilderness Medicine faculty at Stanford:
    http://emed.stanford.edu/fellowships/wilderness.html

Rod wrote:
> Now KevinR is talking about taking 10 doses of 4mg Dexamethasone.
Rod, I think he's asking how much he might carry, not how many he should take. Sounds like 10 4mg pills would be plenty-- I'd consider half that.

Talking to a friend who teaches college-level business law, I asked about carrying Dex just in case one encountered a party where someone was suffering from signs of Cerebral Edema. He just shook his head at the idea of handing over a prescription drug to a stranger on a trail. It was his opinion that I could get myself in deep legal trouble doing that. I guess I'd have to put it on a rock, point it out to the party, then get the heck out of there before they got my name or description!

I sure appreciate this discussion. While everyone must always talk over their needs with their prescribing doctor, it is especially good to ALSO discuss all the pros and cons like we can here. But nobody should take any of the information here as the truth. Everyone must first verify the information for themselves -- as in talking to their doctor -- before they act. And read the disclaimer.