I have two questions for experienced High Sierra backcountry folks. I am trying to stich together a route from Horseshoe meadows to South lake TH, which is basically a fusion of parts of SoSHR and SEKI High basin routes with summits of Mts. Langley, Whitney, Russell, Tyndall, Williamson and the short Palisade traverse along the way. Though I have been hiking and climbing in many of these areas for 10 years, there are two sections I am not sure about. So is it realistic/practical to:
1) Take a shortcut from the NW side of Charlotte lake (WL3165) to Gardiner lakes/basin, essentially shooting almost straight up N instead of using the used trail that loops around and passes near Charlotte dome and goes over Gardiner pass?
2) Take a shortcut from Deer Creek meadow (JMT, just below the Golden staircase) to Palisade basin or unnamed lake SE of Potluck pass by going straight up N or NE, following the Glacier creek?

Thanks in advance !

P.S.: I realize this may be more appropriate for High Sierra topix and will post there as well but also wanted to give it a try in this forum.

P.P.S.: Please refrain from replying with anecdotal info if you do not have first hand knowledge of these areas.

Last edited by Anton; 03/21/19 12:32 AM.