Originally Posted By bobpickering
COVID-19 is just like climate change and evolution. Some of us go with the science. Some of us ignore the science and believe whatever we want to believe.

This right here demonstrates why this subject, like so many other political topics, is in essence just another religious tract.

How is it that the most accomplished runner/hiker/climber on this board also chooses to believe his particular 'science' supports masks and social distancing?

A simple observational study conducted in any middle-upper middle class neighborhood in SoCal will readily demonstrate that men are not abiding by social conditioning mandates. Why is that? Because they have money, power & status, or that their intellect - which enabled higher achievement - also avails themselves to independent inquiry?

From an objective perspective, it really is quite fascinating. The realist in me appreciates & admires the naked power grabs being made under these times of duress. That's how the game is played; the will to power.

Still, I tend to have a soft spot for those respective dead letters ie the DoI and Constitution. Somewhere lost in the fog of time is the assertion that men are born free with certain natural, inalienable rights, that they create limited government under strict stipulations only to further advance their wants & desires to protect against force & fraud.

Anyway, all this discussion is rather moot. Soon enough, the country will be fully opened, and the great hangover, remonstrations and assessing of blame will commence. I can fairly predict that in relatively short-order, all 57 states will be holding constitutional conventions to amend their respective governing documents to ensure this shameful episode of the most base and grossest violations of basic human rights is never repeated again.

Last edited by Hobbes; 05/19/20 01:25 PM.