Yea, that's the area to which I was referring. I had seen the same map on the Inyo NF site, but definitely appreciated you posting it here as well. The confusion came about because I thought they would have marked all of the closed wilderness areas, not just the Inyo NF boundary. After calling the ranger station it became clear the closure map provided by Inyo didn't mark the other closed wilderness areas that border Inyo to the west (John Muir, Sierra, etc.). Additionally, it seemed odd to me they would keep the Rock Creek Drainage open given the closed areas that surround it. With the high fire danger and closed areas being so close, keeping that area free of human activity would seem like the prudent decision. At any rate, I thought it would be helpful to the message board in general to clarify exactly what was open in that area. The fact their map was low res and didn't mark all of the closure areas wasn't your fault.

Not sure why that line of questioning/discussion set off Mr. dbd. Perhaps displaying an aura of self-rightousness helps boost his self esteem...

Last edited by jackeichler; 10/08/20 12:25 PM.