There's no running creek/stream right now, there are a couple of stream crossings on the trail however they are dry, but there are 2 springs that cross the trail. Going uphill the 2nd spring has a small pool before it crosses the trail. Deep enough to filter, dip a naglene bottle, or use the trusty sierra cup. They are about 6 miles up the trail, past the Wellman divide. You know you are getting close when you see the grove of ferns or fern like plants. I have never seen such healthy, huge ferns that are in direct sun light. (At least they look like ferns to me, I'm not as good with the plants as I should be) The water flows on the trail, so just keep an eye out for the mud.

Before and after the springs, I could not find any water close to the trail. I carried 2.5 L of water and 1L of electrolyte replacement. Ended the day with less than .5L of water and a small amount of the electrolyte replacement.

Mt Wilson downhill did a number on my knees too. Took about 3 weeks for them to recover. Came down way too fast for the grade.