Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Who's Online Now
1 members (bobpickering), 32 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Discussion Jump to new posts
Partner wanted: Dragon > Gould this weekend climby_climber 06/20/24 07:04 PM
Thinking of hopping on the dragon traverse this weekend. Open to start whenever so as long as we’re back by ~5 pm to get food. Ideally I’d like to get it done in 10 hours or less.

Let me know if anyone’s interested.
0 31 Read More
Portal to Shepherds - Shuttle or Ride Share JCrom777 06/20/24 06:24 PM
Hiking in Shepherds and exiting Whitney. Any advice on shuttling/ubering/hitch hiking would be greatly appreciated.

Plan is to leave car at Whitney Exit.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.
0 23 Read More
Tyndall this week - seeking condition info Heuschele 05/25/24 09:51 PM
Looking for any info from anyone who has done Tyndall this season/recently. Child planning on doing north west approach possibly tomorrow. I have done east approach but due to being too far north ended up on north side of the thumb on the way up. So I know how to get over it and so does my child. The way down I did better at ideal east route and it was an easy walk down virtually all on slab.

Is the northwest route under snow/ice? They will have crampons and ice ax. He is better with crampons than I am but I am better with the ice ax. Overall I would put hm as competent but far from expert with snow/ice.

By the way he is approaching via kearsarge and forester and exiting via shepherds. He has done snow covered Forester before.

Thanks for any info.
0 284 Read More